I just wanted everyone to know that I did a hike in late May and there was a large part of the trail obliterated in VT. The damage is right before Mt. Killington. The detour signs were small and easy to miss. Here’s what you will probably have to do.
- Turn left on Cold River Rd.
- Turn right on Wilmouth Hill Rd.
- Turn right on Gilman Rd. AKA Upper Cold River Rd.
- Turn left on Township / Gilman Rd.
- Turn right on Township Rd.
I make ultralight, rugged alcohol stoves for backpackers and sell them for $7 to $8 each at bottlestoves.com